Insights > Entergy Texas Hurricane Delta Restoration Update – 10/12/20 @ 4 p.m.
Entergy Texas Hurricane Delta Restoration Update – 10/12/20 @ 4 p.m.
As of 4:00pm, Entergy Texas has 27,083 customers currently without power, which is down from 108,891 at the peak of the storm. Entergy Texas has restored power to approximately 82,000 customers. Currently, Entergy Texas has over 2,000 resources currently engaged in the restoration effort.
Based on our damage assessments (98% complete) and restoration efforts to date, Entergy Texas expects to restore the majority of its customers in the following areas:
- Port Arthur by Wednesday, October 14 by 10pm, with any remaining customers by Thursday;
- Beaumont by Wednesday, October 14 by 10pm, with any remaining customers by Thursday;
- Orange by Tuesday, October 13 by 12:00pm, with any remaining customers by Wednesday.
Port Arthur Network
As crews work, many of the repairs, particularly in the Port Arthur network require work at the back of customers’ properties or back alleys. Crews have to climb poles rather than use bucket trucks or bring in specialized equipment like rear-alley machines to repair damage in customers’ backyards, which can take longer to complete our work.
As of 4:00pm, there are 17,291 customers without power in the areas that include Groves, Nederland, Port Arthur, Port Neches, Sabine Pass & Taylor Landing. Scouts have completed 92% of the total damage assessments for the area. Scouting reports have identified significant damage associated with very high winds. These assessments have identified:
- 99 downed poles
- 22,000 feet of downed wire
- 14 damaged transformers
- 149 broken crossarms
- 12 damaged circuit breakers and 5 damaged reclosers
- 63 downed trees on lines
There are currently 640 workers involved in the restoration effort with additional workers expected to arrive tomorrow. Workers will continue to restore power to the entire area with special focus on areas that will get the maximum number of customers on, as quickly as possible, including these locations:
- Groves – Lions Park area, Foster Heights, Indian Springs, the area along Hwy-73 & Taft, the area between Hogaboom and Monroe
- Nederland – Beauxart Gardens, Area between Nederland Ave & Canal, Southwest side between Hardy & Canal, Hwy 366 & Twin City Hwy, and Central Gardens
- Port Arthur - Griffing Park, Area along Dequeen Blvd, Lakeshore Dr. area, Lakeview, Roosevelt Park Area, Downtown, Lake Arthur, Houston Ave, Cecil Reynolds Park area, Port Acres & Sabine Pass
- Port Neches – The area between Magnolia, Merriman and Port Neches Ave. Saba Ln and Twin City Hwy area, Lake Arthur, Ridgewood and Windsor areas
Areas that crews expect to be restored today are:
- Port Acres
- Southeast Groves, Area near Taft and 25th
- Nederland - Area between Nederland Ave & Canal, Southwest side between Hardy & Canal
- Sabine Pass - most customers are expected on today.
- Saba Ln and Twin City Hwy area, Ridgewood area and Windsor area.
As of 4:00pm, there are 8,337 customers without power in the Beaumont network. There are currently 517 workers in the area to assist with restoration.
Damage assessments are 100% complete and crews have identified:
- 134 poles down
- 36 transformers blown
- 71,000 feet of wire that need replacement.
Servicemen continue working and making repairs in:
- South Beaumont – the Avenues area, off Washington Blvd at Waco St, near Lavaca St and Highland Ave, off Beale St, Charlton-Pollard neighborhood
- Central Beaumont – Laurel Ave and 4th St, downtown near the Events Centre
- North Beaumont – East Lucas Dr and Broadoak St
- West Beaumont – Gladys Ave, Edson Dr, N Circuit Dr, Caldwood, Dowlen Rd at Westgate Dr
- Fannett – areas off Hwy 365
Power should be restored by the end of the day today for the following:
- Downtown near the Events Centre
As of 4:00pm, there are 1,442 customers without power across the Orange, Vidor, Mauriceville and Bridge City areas. Damage assessments are 100 percent complete. Orange has 377 total workers.
The following damage across our Orange network are identified:
- 12 Transformer damages discovered
- 36 broken poles
- 22,750 feet of wire down (91 spans)
- 53 trees on lines
- 12 Cross-arms
- 60 Service secondary wires
Crews will be working in the following areas:
- Bridge City – West Roundbunch (Ridgewood, Live Oak neighborhoods). FM 408 (Vincent, Warbler & Humble areas)
- Mauriceville – Hwy 12 & Kalyute Rd area
- Orangefield – FM 105 4th Ave Hager Rd areas
- Orange – individual cases
- Pine Forest – Sugar Mill Rd area
- Vidor – Connell Rd, Terry Rd, Cherokee St. areas. South Main (Akers Rd area). Hwy 12 (Linscombe, Evangeline & Creekwood areas)