News Center > Working from Home? Check These Tips from Entergy Arkansas for Conserving Electricity
Working from Home? Check These Tips from Entergy Arkansas for Conserving Electricity
The normal summertime heat combined with an increase in the number of people working from home to avoid COVID-19 adds up to increased electrical usage for many Entergy Arkansas’ residential customers. The company has several tips for how to save energy and, in the process, save money.
“Entergy customers can get started with a Home Energy Solutions audit to receive energy efficiency information and have energy-saving items installed in their home at low cost or no additional cost,” said Entergy Arkansas Energy Efficiency Manager Gabe Munoz.
The audit involves a team of technicians coming to the home, testing for air leakage in ducts and exterior walls, and inspecting for opportunities to make energy-efficiency upgrades, such as switching out incandescent light bulbs for LEDs, which the technicians will provide at no additional cost. To schedule an inspection, make an appointment with one of the trade allies listed here: https://entergyartradeally.com/
Other quick and easy steps to energy conservation include:
- Use a programmable or advanced thermostat. If customers spend most of the day outside of the house, they can set their thermostat to automatically shut off or raise the A/C when they’re away. Find out more about how you can qualify for an advanced thermostat at no out-of-pocket cost through Entergy Arkansas’ Smart Direct Load Control Program HERE.
- In the summer, close blinds, shades and curtains to keep the sun out and the cool air in.
- Seal cracks and holes around doors, windows and ductwork. Weather stripping and caulk will help keep the cold air in and the hot air out.
- Room-by-room energy efficiency tips can be found on our website HERE.
- Use fans when possible. Remember: fans cool people not rooms, so be sure to turn fans off when you exit a room.
- Customers also can take advantage of incentives and schedule an A/C tune-up through the Home Energy Solutions Program HERE.