News Center > Entergy scholarship powering dreams for five Arkansas students
Entergy scholarship powering dreams for five Arkansas students
This fall, five Arkansas students who are dependents of Entergy Arkansas employees will further their education with the help of a $5,000 scholarship from the company.
The Entergy Community Power Scholarship program recognizes college-bound children of Entergy Arkansas employees for their community service, academic achievements, leadership and work experience. Each recipient receives a one-time, $5,000 scholarship to help offset the cost of school during their first year.
"Investing in the future success of our communities and the young people in it is at the heart of what we do at Entergy, and the success of our employees and their families is also equally important," said Patty Riddlebarger, vice president of corporate social responsibility at Entergy. “This scholarship is a contribution to their future success. We wish them well on their first year of higher education.”
Recipient names, Entergy Arkansas employee and hometowns are:
- Zachary Vondran, Roland Vondran, senior district engineering associate - Helena-West Helena. Vondran's college plans include attending Arkansas State University to study business.
- Sydni Barnum, Ramika Nichols, plant clerk - Little Rock. Barnum will attend North Carolina Agricultural & Technical State University to major in biology.
- Kennedy Holland, Rodney Holland, line supervisor - Mountain View. Holland will pursue a degree in nursing at the University of Central Arkansas.
- Delaney Schwantz, David Schwantz, journeyman serviceman - Poplar Grove. Schwantz will study nursing at Phillips Community College of the University of Arkansas.
- Caitlin Dickerson, Carrol Dickerson, IT specialist - White Hall. Dickerson will attend the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville to study nursing.
The scholarship program supports Entergy’s mission to provide sustainable value to customers, employees, communities and owners. The scholarship is a fundamental element in developing a pipeline of future talent in the workforce to expand economic development and meet customers' needs.
Since 2003, Entergy shareholders have contributed more than $3.2 million to 648 employee dependents for higher education.
About Entergy Arkansas
Entergy Arkansas provides electricity to approximately 728,000 customers in 63 counties. Entergy Arkansas is a subsidiary of Entergy Corporation (NYSE:ETR), an integrated energy company engaged in electric power production, transmission and retail distribution operations. Entergy delivers electricity to 3 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas. Entergy owns and operates one of the cleanest large-scale U.S. power generating fleets with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including 7,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Entergy has annual revenues of $10 billion and approximately 12,500 employees.