Insights > Entergy System Storm Update – 3/18/21 @ 12:45 p.m.
Entergy System Storm Update – 3/18/21 @ 12:45 p.m.
The majority of outages across our territory caused by yesterday’s stormy weather should be restored by late tonight, with a few in the hardest-hit areas being restored on Friday.
Our workforce continues restoring service where it is safe to do so. Windy conditions could delay restoration in some areas, as we can’t use our bucket trucks until sustained winds are less than 30 mph.
We use a methodical and calculated process in bringing customers back online after an outage, regardless of whether the initial cause of the outage was specifically weather-related.
For our workers’ safety and yours, please stay away from their work zones. If you need to report a problem with your service or get bill payment help, we’re just a phone call away: 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749).
You can expect regular updates from us through the many available communications channels.
Keep in mind that if you don’t see us working near you, we may be working on another part of the electrical system that you can’t see but must be repaired to get power to you.
If you have lost power:
- Stay away from downed power lines. You can’t tell from looking at them whether they are energized or not, so assume they are. Report them to 1-800-9OUTAGE (1-800-968-8243).
- Report your power outage online or call 1-800-9OUTAGE (1-800-968-8243).
- If you report your outage by phone, trust the automated system. It works very well. There is no need to speak with a customer service representative to report an outage.
- If you have a portable generator, use it safely. DO NOT run it in an enclosed space. If connecting to the whole house, do so only if the connection has been installed by a licensed electrician. More information is available on Entergy Stormcenter.
- Do not open your refrigerator or freezer door. Food will stay cold much longer this way.
To stay up to date on outages and restoration:
- Download our free app for your smartphone at entergy.com/app.
- Sign up for text alerts by texting REG to 36778 and have your account number and ZIP code handy. The registration pattern is as follows including spaces: REG (account number) (ZIP code). Once registered, text OUT to 36778 to report an outage.
- Follow us on Twitter.com/entergy or Facebook.com/entergy.
- Call us at 800-9OUTAGE (1-800-968-8243).
- Follow updates in your local news media, like radio, TV and newspapers.
- On our View Outages page, the visual map image, including the red and green lines and icons reflect accurate outage information. We are experiencing a delay in updating the ZIP code, parish and total counts of outage numbers. We are working to resolve the issue and ask customers to view the actual map for outage information. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- We are maintaining safety precautions during the COVID-19 pandemic. Along with our standard storm restoration, we are taking additional steps to adjust office settings and crew staging locations, to helping team members maintain social distancing.
- Guidelines have been provided to field crews to ensure social distancing can be maintained while working, with the direction that if the crew is not able to maintain adequate social distance the job or task should be postponed. Crews are encouraged to use stop-work authority if job conditions change that prevent social distancing.
Unfortunately, we continue seeing increased attempts to scam our customers.
- Entergy customer service representatives never demand immediate payment from customers over the phone. You shouldn't give your personal information to strangers.
- If a call sounds suspicious, hang-up and call 1-800-ENTERGY (1-800-368-3749). to speak directly with an Entergy customer service representative.
- If you believe you are a victim of this scam, notify the proper authorities, such as the local police or the state attorney general's office.