Insights > Keep the Spark Alive in Your Mobile Phone
Keep the Spark Alive in Your Mobile Phone
Are you in a relationship with your mobile phone? In our hyper-connected world, being without a functioning phone can make us feel lost. If your phone is a constant companion, here are some quick tips to avoid drifting apart.
- Conserve your phone’s power by switching to battery-saver mode, which disables automatic updates and notifications.
- Save energy by reducing your phone's display brightness and turning off the auto-brightness feature.
- Turn off WiFi if you're on the road and away from a WiFi network.
- Avoid using power-hungry apps unless they’re totally necessary. And be sure to fully close out apps when you’re finished using them.
- Minimize streaming video, shooting video and taking pictures to reduce power usage.
- Keep a portable phone charger in your home and/or in your vehicle. Consider purchasing a back-up power supply as well. That way, you can stay connected even during an extended power outage.
We’d love to connect with you, too! It’s easy:
- Download the free Entergy app. The app offers easy access to our View Outages website, account information, our online storm center and more.
- Sign up for Entergy alerts. My Account text alerts can give you outage update information including estimated restoration time, service crew arrival, number of customers affected and outage cause.
- Follow us on social media for restoration updates and other information.