Insights > Entergy New Orleans Hurricane Ida Update – 9/9/21 @ 11 a.m.
Entergy New Orleans Hurricane Ida Update – 9/9/21 @ 11 a.m.
Entergy New Orleans has restored power to 98% of customers. We anticipate the remaining 4,000 customers who remain without power to have it restored by late evening Sept. 10 if they are able to receive it.
If you have storm damage, you must have a qualified electrician repair the damaged equipment belonging to you before we can restore your power. The equipment at your location that is your responsibility to have repaired includes the meter base, a metal box housing our meter and protecting your connections to it.
For those whose homes sustained damage, here are some safety tips and steps to take before Entergy can restore service to your home:
- Call a licensed electrician for advice when necessary. A licensed electrician’s inspection of your property’s electric wiring may be needed before Entergy can restore power to a home or business that has water damage from rain or flooding.
- If you are still without power, check for damage to the electrical equipment attached to your home or business and contact an electrician to make repairs. If your electric equipment appears undamaged, text OUT to 36778 or call 1-800-9OUTAGE.
- Customers are urged to remain safe and stay away from downed power lines and flooded areas. Do not walk in standing water and do not venture into areas of debris, since energized and dangerous power lines may not be visible. If you find or suspect damaged power lines, call 1-800-9OUTAGE immediately.
We recognize the need for customers to receive estimated restoration times. These estimates are subject to change as we continue with restoration work, and we will issue updates to these estimates as we learn more. See below specific information for restoration information in your neighborhood. Visit entergy.com/hurricaneida.
We appreciate our customer’s patience. We will continue to provide updates as we learn more.
IMPORTANT GAS SERVICE INFORMATION
- Stay away from suspected gas leaks.
- Do not attempt to turn natural gas valves on or off.
- To report a gas leak, call 1-800-9-OUTAGE.
We continuously keep our communities informed throughout a storm using the following channels:
- Hurricane Ida Disaster Resources.
- Download our free app for your smartphone at entergy.com/app.
- Sign up for text alerts. From your mobile phone, text REG to 36778.
- Visit the Entergy Storm Center website and our View Outages.
- Follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
- Call us at 800-9OUTAGE (800-968-8243).
- Follow updates in your local news media like radio television and newspapers.